Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Commit This To Memory

its been a little over a week since i got home from college. im already sick of the hustle and bustle of living in the good ole county of orange. everybody is always on the go and its almost like they actually want to turn into an exact clone of LA county. traffic has gotten much worse, smog is more prevalent, and the snobs in their seven series beemers seem to be multiplying faster than ever. i grew to love the little residential town of la mirada while at Biola. the only things keeping me here in my hometown of SJC is my friends, my church, and my lack of money to live somewhere else with my some of my close buds. i guess i dont have it so bad. my parents still support every decision i make, my mom goes out of her way to buy pita bread and hummus without me asking, and my bike still takes me to uncharted territory when life begins to overwhelm me.

today i was thinking back to about the first week of september when i was hating school. a young lad came to the door of my dorm room to take a survey. he first asked me if i played a musical instrument, and i said, "yes sir, i play the guitar." then he asked me how many hours a week i played my musical instrument. i replied with, "about 14 hours." my roommate can vouch for me on that. he then asked me how many hours a week i study. i felt really bad because i started laughing when i thought of the answer in my head. i replied with, "about 4 hours a week." he looked at me awkwardly and then said, "thank you for your time." i couldnt tell if he was looking at me awkwardly because he studied more than that in elementry school or because i laughed really hard while i said it. anyways...i passed all my classes for those of you wondering.

No comments: