Monday, December 8, 2008

Logic Will Break Your Heart

Thoughts as of late...

First of all, God is to be the focus of everything in my life. Yes, I have all my other things going on that are important to me but they are important to me because they are important to Him. Why worry about anything else when He is in control of everything? Sure, I think about other things during the day but when its just Him and me…nothing seems to matter but my time spent with him. That’s not to say that those other things aren’t important at all when Im only in prayer with Him.

Sometimes I feel bad if I dont think about my loved ones or other important things during my time in prayer, because I thought I might be a bad friend by not thinking about them during my time with God, BUT its just that when im with God I only care about Him and His plans for me. Yes, friends are prevalent in the those plans, but when in tune with the Holy Spirit all that matters is the love that God has for me. He is so infinitely huge, and its impossible to grasp that because of our human nature. Though, the more time we spend with Him, we see His hand in everything and we catch a glimpse of that hugeness.

Secondly, by having Christ at the center of the my life, everything else falls into place. God is not just a point on a list of important things. God is the only thing. Period. By caring about God, all else goes into place according to his perfect will.

"Let a man set his heart only on doing the will of God and he is instantly free. If we understand our first and sole duty to consist of loving God supremely and loving everyone, even our enemies, for God's dear sake, then we can enjoy spiritual tranquility under every circumstance." - A.W. Tozer

1 comment:

alicia said...

jackson, i happen to stumble upon your blog after a series of events (however not unfortunate)and i feel compelled to tell you that your words are truly inspired. your thoughts are a reiteration of what God has most recently been revealing to me.

in Him all things were made. without him, nothing is made that has been made.

it is really encouraging to see that my thoughts are not just floundering ideas but rather inspired wisdom from the One who made us all, seen most profoundly through the correlating thoughts of others. in other words, we are on the same page and it is comforting to know that God is a God of one.

the irony of it all is how we think that when we spend time alone with God we feel as though we are disregarding or forgetting about others, when in actuality we are a true blessing to the people around us when are singularly focused on God himself. as seen in this particular example:your words were a blessing to me.

so thank you jackson. and please don't think i am a creeper.

-your friend alicia kurtz